Thank you for exploring our employment opportunities page. We are always interested in speaking with experienced MIG welders and door technicians with commercial door and hardware experience. Please review our requirements and submit an application with a copy of your resume for consideration. If you meet the qualifications listed below and the need exists we will contact you for an initial phone screening.
Job ID: 0812015ADHTL
Field Door Technician FT – Baltimore/Washington Service Area – 40 hour week
- To be considered you must have experience installing and/repairing hollow metal and wood doors and installing hardware.
- High School diploma required| Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- 5 + years of warranty analysis work or other relevant work experience preferred.
- Should have experience with Division 8 specifications – Hollow Metal frames and doors, wood doors, finish hardware, FRP, STC. Must have experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Will travel to client’s site to troubleshoot issues, respond to warranty claims, installation errors, change orders, and address factory repairs. Company vehicle provided. Additional responsibilities include: filing information, submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, time sheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
- Will install, repair and retrofit doors, frames and hardware; Determine if claim is warrantable and file warranty claim with vendor or original equipment manufacturer. Will return warrantable part as requested to vendors.
- Notify Warehouse/Parts Department of returned goods / warranty replacements.
- Communicate and coordinate with off-site facilities as needed.
- Keep status of claims up to date within data management system.
- Vehicle cleanliness and maintenance.
- Must have Locksmith, Access Control and/or Door & Hardware experience.
- Must be able to use technology to include GPS, scan and fax, Microsoft Office.
- Effective customer engagement skills both verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Position requires lifting up to a maximum of 100lbs / lift single doors and moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, sitting, and reaching.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D/ Protected Veterans (VEVRAA)
Job ID: 0815ADH : MIG Welder M- F 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Hagerstown | PT & FT
- We are interested in candidates with 3-5 years’ MIG welding experience with a high school diploma.
- Must be able to perform welds on hollow metal doors, frames and hardware experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints, review factory orders and use templates.
- Must be able to recognize flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal
- Must have experience using hand and power tools: drills, impact, drivers, gas shield arc, etc.
- Will layout, position, align and secure parts and assembles prior to assembly.
- Should have excellent customer relations skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work safely.
- Valid driver’s license and background check required.
- A clearance may be required to work on government or school sites.
- May be required to travel to troubleshoot, take measurements and perform change orders.
Physical Demands & Abilities
- Position requires lifting up to a maximum of 100lbs / lift single doors and moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, sitting, and reaching. Must have arm-hand steadiness, near vision, control precision, manual finger dexterity
- Multi-limb coordination
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours each day